Tuesday, July 1, 2008

And the great HPN08 begins!

By October, I think "Harry Potter" will probably be my most popular tag. I began brainstorming about our annual Harry Potter Night, which is on the calendar for October 24. We held a small one in March 07, then a large one in October that we plan to repeat annually. You can see some of our photos here (I need to tag more of them).

This afternoon I have been brainstorming how to make a Horcrux scavenger hunt. The idea is starting to become clearer in my brain now, and resembles a cross between an obstacle course and a scavenger hunt. Anyone interested in playing will put their name on a slip of paper, which will go into a goblet (like the Goblet of Fire). We will draw out 2 or 3 at a time, which will make a team. That team will head upstairs to the second floor and get started. At each of the six stations, they will have to go through some type of obstacle like drinking a large up of sour green juice, finding a large ring in a big box of popcorn, playing red-light-green-light with Umbridge...

It's coming together, and what's cooler than getting paid to play with Harry Potter???

No comments: