Monday, July 14, 2008

Web 2.0 Workshop

Our school is hosting a regional workshop on Web 2.0 on Halloween. Last week, while I was on vacation, we invited our first choice of keynote speakers and she said yes! It is Jody Condit Fagan from James Madison University. I heard she gave a great talk about mash-ups for non-techies at CiL 2008, though I attended something else during that time slot.

As the resident techie librarian who is familiar with Web 2.0 stuff, I am supposed to be organizing the panel and poster sessions. I sent out an invitation to people from the other member libraries to contribute to a wiki I set up for this purpose, but so far only a few have posted a bio and no one has posted any other ideas beyond what I am originally imagining. I'm not sure how to motivate people to participate when we're not physically in one room, even though there is no reason for us to need to meet physically. This is something I will need to figure out in the next week or two. It would be really nice to have a good idea of what everyone is doing by the time school starts.

No comments: