Thursday, August 14, 2008

Training

The timing of the Pegasus Librarian's post on training couldn't be better, and I plan to re-read it again when I'm not feeling like a zombie due to staying up too late several nights in a row painting my living room. The living room looks nice, but I don't think I've accomplished much today. But as we spent almost three hours on SMART board and Senteo training, I didn't have to accomplish much. This trainer was soo much better than the last guy they sent who showed up late, couldn't put the equipment together, was unprofessionally dressed, and started his speech with, "I don't know much about technology." No kidding, and it just went downhill from there. Still, I thought this woman should have known more than she did, and I don't think it required two hours to show us what she showed us. The third hour was us playing or watching each other playing with it. The software is very cool, but it could have been done and training is painful no matter what.

Why do I want to re-read her post? Because no that we're down to the wire, I really need to do better with instruction this year. I'm perfectly good at lecturing, but I really need to bring more active stuff into the classroom, and think of good ways to do assessment.

It's time to go home. Remind me of how tired I am if I try to go to the fabric store to get curtain fabric to match my pretty new wall color. Or just shoot me. Really, I don't need any new projects!

No comments: