Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Totally Unrelated


So this doesn't have much to do with libraries other than I moved to Williamsport, PA for this job as a librarian. Actually, if my family weren't so far away, I think I would probably stay here by choice, especially with a new house I love so much.


Anyway, I digress even further. This is the third Little League World Series I have been in Williamsport for, and I finally went last night with my husband and some friends from the college. It was a lot of fun, even though our team lost.
The atmosphere was very different. We were sitting on the Louisiana side (that's who we were rooting for), but the Maryland team had some amazing catches and one of the home runs was particularly impressive. Instead of booing, our side clapped. Also, the mascot (seen above) had the boys dancing together before the game, something you would never see at a professional game. I would love to go back this week, but work is so demanding this week, and the final weekend is supposed to be insane. I hate crowds, so I think I will skip that.

No comments: