Thursday, April 17, 2008

How I spent my day

I really spent all afternoon fighting with READ posters that a co-worker burned onto a CD. I'm trying to save them as much smaller files to put on the Web, but even the JPGs are so big that my laptop just looks at the CD and flips out. I finally was able to finish converting them on her computer, though even that took about 40 minutes for around 15 pictures.

What I've learned about JavaScript is paying off in the page I'm creating with those READ posters. You can see them here. It's still a work in progress as of this evening, but I think it will work out well.

I've now spent nearly two hours of my time at the desk this evening backing up my computer. Another librarian's computer crashed last week and she has yet to get it back. It was a disaster since the loaner didn't have the software she needed and the fates were against her in all other ways as well. I will learn from others' mistakes and back up my necessary documents... oh, I think my last CD just poped out.

No comments: