Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Interesting Story

Here is an interesting story involving Harry Potter and libraries. A part-time librarian was forced out of her job after objecting to dress up like a witch for an after-hours Harry Potter party. I personally feel that people who are against Harry Potter are usually ignorant, I still respect people's right to free speech. However, there are a lot of questions I'd like to have answered. Was she given the option of not dressing up but still working? I don't think it would go over well if I told them I wasn't coming in during one of our big events. I'm sure this was an event where all hands were needed on deck, and that some reasonable accomidation could have been made.

If I can find out more about what her options were, I'll post it here.

No comments: